Driv3r Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Driv3r Forum

This forum is for fans of Driv3r or the Driver series to connect.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Driver San Francisco Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tanner
Admin
Tanner

Driver San Francisco Review Empty
PostSubject: Driver San Francisco Review   Driver San Francisco Review EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 2:24 pm

I thought this game was one of the best driving games I've ever played on the Xbox 360. I was excited when I first heard that there was a sequel coming out for Driv3r. It had been over 5 years. The only sequels that had come out were a few mobile games. I was even more hype after seeing the trailer. So I bought the game the day that it came out. I was a little skeptical when I heard that you wouldn't be able to get out of your car, but I soon got used to the shift feature. It's pretty fun actually. You can set up accidents and switch into any person's car. When you switch cars, you switch into the driver's body (you'll understand if you play the story). This sounds pretty weird, but it's actually fun and you get used to it. You can also hear some funny commentary from the passengers, who can't see that Tanner is in the driver's body. The graphics of this game are great. Also, the map is huge! There are plenty of different types of environments to drive around in. You can drive through suburbs, back roads, highways, or through the city. Another cool thing is that there are over 140 damageable licensed vehicles in this game. All of the cars that you see are real, licensed cars. Some of the missions are pretty crazy, but those were my favorite ones. There are 19 multiplayer modes, so you can play online.

Storyline: If you played the story mode in Driv3r, you know that Tanner is shot by Jericho at the end. The game ends with Tanner in the hospital. Driver San Francisco takes place months after the events of Driv3r. Jericho left Istanbul and fled to the US, where he was arrested. In the beginning of the game, he is awaiting his trial. As he is being transported in a prison truck, he manages to free himself and to hijack the truck while one his hired guns is firing an RPG from a chopper at the police. Tanner and Jones are right behind the prison truck and witness the whole thing. Tanner chases Jericho through the city, until Jericho rams him and he is hit by a tractor truck. Tanner is then falls into a coma. The story continues as if Tanner just suffered minor injuries. He says he is fine and he and Jones continue to try to track Jericho. The story takes place in Tanner's dream. He can shift into other people's bodies while he is driving. He realizes this and thinks that he's going crazy. He starts to play around with this new ability and uses it to help people in the city. Some of the side missions involve Tanner shifting into another person and helping them out. I won't spoil the end for those who haven't played, but it basically continues on in the dream and the missions get even crazier.

Summary: Driver San Francisco is a great follow up to Driv3r. It didn't even get bad reviews like Driv3r got. After you beat the story, there are still many things to do. Unlike in some previous Driver games, there are actually a lot of side missions and unlockables. One thing you can get are It's also the first game in the series to have online multiplayer. The new shift feature is better than I thought it would be. The story is a bit far-fetched and different from other games in the series. However, there are lots of side missions and things to unlock throughout the game. If you are looking for a GTA style game, this might not be the one for you. However, I would recommend this game to any fan of the series or anyone who enjoys driving/racing games. What are your thoughts on the game?
Back to top Go down
https://driv3r.board-directory.net

Driver San Francisco Review
Page 1 of 1